YouTube has become one of the biggest platforms for online marketing. In recent years, videos uploaded on YouTube often go viral and get millions of views. Viral videos on YouTube can have great benefits for businesses, including increasing brand awareness, reaching new target audiences, and boosting sales.
Definition of Controversy
Controversy is an effective way to create viral content on YouTube. When a brand or business comes up in a controversy, it often becomes a topic of conversation on social media platforms and news sites, which can ultimately increase brand visibility and popularity.
Steps to Creating Controversial Content
Here are the steps of a controversial content creation strategy:
1. Analyze the Target Audience
The first step is to analyze the target audience. You need to understand who your target audience is and what they like or dislike. This way, you can determine the type of controversial content that will catch their attention.
2. Identify Controversial Topics
The next step is to identify controversial topics that are relevant to your brand. You can conduct online or offline research to find current controversial topics in the snack industry that your brand can relate to.
3. Plan the Content Strategy
After identifying the topic, the next step is to plan the content strategy. You need to determine the video transcript, thumbnail, title, decryption, tags, duration, and tone of voice in the video.
4. Create Content
After planning the content strategy, the next step is to create the content. Make sure your content is unique and attention-grabbing. You also need to consider your brand message and ensure that the content you create is in line with your brand.
5. Publish Content
After creating the content, the next step is to publish it. Make sure you choose the right time to publish your content. Don't forget to promote your content to make it easier to find and attract attention.
6. Monitor Comments and Responses
The last step is to monitor the comments and responses given by the audience. Make sure you are prepared for negative feedback and ready to give the right response. Feedback from your audience can help you improve your content strategy in the future.
Here are five controversial ideas that can help snack businesses create viral content on YouTube:
1. Create a video that compares your product with other brands and shows its advantages. For example, you can compare the flavor, sugar content, or price of your product with similar products in the market.
2. Create videos that criticize bad eating habits or certain diet trends. For example, you can create a video criticizing low-carb diets or extreme vegan diets.
3. Create a video that shows people eating large amounts of your snacks and measures the negative impact on their health.
4. Create a video that shows how your snack is produced and addresses controversial issues related to food production, such as the use of chemicals or environmental issues.
5. Create a video that compares your product with other brands and points out their shortcomings. For example, you can compare the sugar content or artificial ingredients in your product with similar products in the market.
When it comes to creating controversial content that goes viral on YouTube, it's important to always consider the boundaries that shouldn't be crossed and consider the impact it might have on your brand. Also, ensure that the content you create remains relevant and consistent with your brand, so that the audience can easily identify the content as coming from your brand.
By planning and executing controversial content wisely, snack food businesses can create viral content on YouTube and increase brand awareness and boost sales.